FIVE FALL BEERS ON DRAFT WORTH TRYING AT VILLAGE DRAFT HOUSE
- Stone Xocoveza Stout - Imperial Milk / Sweet 8.1% ABV | Stone Brewing
This is a fantastic take on a Mexican hot chocolate and is super smooth with flavors of cocoa, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Should be warned, it's a strong one but definitely no trick, it's a real treat.
- Night Owl Pumpkin Ale (2017) Pumpkin / Yam Beer 6.7% ABV | Elysian Brewing Company
This beer is brewed with over 7lbs of pumpkin per barrel and includes flavors like nutmeg, clove, cinnamon and allspice. This one is hard to put down!
- Pumking Pumpkin / Yam Beer - Imperial 8.6% ABV | Southern Tier Brewing Company
Deep copper in color, you will immediately taste the pumpkin and pie spices, vanilla, clove, cinnamon and allspice. It's heavy on the ABV but delicious on taste.
- Märzen 4.6% ABV | The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery
Light German-style lager for easy drinking. Perfect for a day on the patio!
- Wild Turkey Nitro Bourbon Barrel Stout | Anderson Valley Brewing Company
If you are a bourbon fan, you will love this stout! Strong bourbon flavor, with woody, vanilla-like notes imparted by the barrel and other rich flavors like chocolate and roasted barley, so savor this one!
*These beers were available on draft this week and due to the popularity and availability of kegs, the beers on tap may change and are updated on their online beer tap list.
The menu at Cameron Village Draft House is extensive with everything from bar snacks, salad plates, sandwiches, burgers and delicious platters. I was in the mood for comfort food and I want to share two dishes that feel like Fall that offer up plenty of food, even enough to take home for leftovers!
1. SHRIMP AND CREAMY CHEESY GRITS | Sautéed shrimp seasoned with a savory spice mixture, chopped bacon, and chives over creamy, cheesy grits and a drizzle of Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. The flavors all come together so well and pair nicely with a dark beer on the patio!
2. MAC & CHEESE FEATURE | Ask your server or read the chalkboard for the current creamy concoction, but today's dish we sampled featured blue cheese in the mac & cheese and buffalo chicken with a little kick! Rich and delicious! This dish pairs nice with any pumpkin ale on draft!
HOURS: Monday - Wednesday: 11am - 12am, Thursday 11am - 12pm, Friday - Saturday: 11am - 2am, Sunday: 11am - 12am
ADDRESS: 428 Daniels Street
#CVTRENDREPORT: I'm excited to partner again with Cameron Village to feature some of the great merchants in the Village and highlight some 2017 Early Fall Trends and great "hidden gems". I love shopping local and it's been an amazing opportunity to get to know these merchants, their stories and their passion for what they do!