Chef-proprietor, Jason Smith is passionate about his farm to table Cantina. He relentlessly searches for the freshest seasonal ingredients from North Carolina farms and purveyors for his affordable take on Southern-Tex cuisine. He brought out catfish and shrimp tacos and an amazing shrimp salad with house made cilantro-lime vinaigrette. The seafood is sourced from Pamlico Sound. Local hydroponic lettuce is featured in tacos and salad dishes. Holly Grove Farm goat cheese from Mount Olive NC, adorns tacos and guacamole. All the flavors are fresh, local and delicious!
SIX THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DINING AT CANTINA 18 THIS MONTH
- During the month of October, Cantina 18 is serving up PINK tortilla chips with salsa partnering with Don Pancho Power of Pink, to help raise money for research and prevention of breast cancer during the month of October.
- Did you know that Cantina 18 offers a "Taco of the Day" EVERY DAY?! Along with a variety of different tacos on their seasonal menu, you will always have a unique 'taco of the day' featured for lunch and dinner. My favorite taco was the grilled chicken, apples, cranberries, goat cheese taco! Delicious and healthy!
- Attention GF fans! Everything other then flour tortillas in the restaurant is Gluten-free!
- Every day things like Cilantro-lime dressing and Fair Game Beverage Company Flying Pepper Tobego infused vodka Bloody Mary mix are made in-house daily and served up fresh at the restaurant. Also brunch is served Saturday and Sunday.
- I love guacamole. I have to say I was inspired by Chef Jason's take on guacamole with his addition of black beans and goat cheese! Goat cheese guacamole is made fresh to order at Cantina 18 and pairs very nicely with those pink chips!
- A glass of delicious and refreshing house made Sangria is on special every Friday for $6.50!
If you haven't been to Cantina 18, October is a great time to visit and enjoy this cooler Fall weather on the patio or at a table near the open doors. Snack on pink chips and help a great cause. Dig into some delicious guacamole and tacos and enjoy a guilt-free meal that's healthy and fresh while supporting North Carolina farms and purveyors. What's better then that?
#CVTRENDREPORT: I'm excited to partner with Cameron Village over the next few months to feature some of the great merchants in the Village and highlight some 2016 Fall Trends and great "hidden gems". I love shopping local and it's been an amazing opportunity to get to know these merchants, their stories and their passion for what they do!
Location: 433 Daniels Street
Hours: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday morning 11-2pm