Ivy & Leo offers great prices on quality clothing, shoes, bags, jewelry, and accessories, which is very appealing when shopping for myself, but also for teenager and college student budgets. The original store started in Charlotte, North Carolina (called Julie's), and they are a family owned business with 12 stores located all over NC/SC. The Ivy & Leo store at Cameron Village is the only one in the Triangle.
Feeling youthful and having fun is always a good accessory to any outfit. Schools out and with the help of my teenage daughter, here are some trends that you can incorporate into your current wardrobe that will add some instant fun and style.
Keep an eye out in early July for Ivy & Leo's big Sidewalk Sale, July 13-16th...not to be missed!
HOURS: Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
LOCATION: 2010 Cameron Street, Raleigh, NC 27605
8 SUMMER 2017 TRENDS
1. Off-the-shoulder. This trend is huge this year! It's no longer just about the straight-across style, there are one-shoulder, cutout, asymmetrical and more! No matter what style, bare shoulders are in for the summer!
2. Bright, bold accessories. Necklaces, statement earrings, clutches in bright colors and over-sized reflective sunglasses are definitely in this season and give any neutral outfit a burst of new life.
3. Tassels! They are on everything, including dresses, shirts, earrings, accessories and more.
4. See-through tops, rompers and dresses are popular this summer. Good for dressing up bathing suits at the beach.
5. Bold, flowy maxi dresses. Loose and over-sized, long and comfortable like this beautiful 'Palms Away' maxi dress are a great look for this summer or an island/beach getaway.
6. Round beach towels! Super fun, colorful and definitely stand out in the crowd of rectangular beach towels!
7. Fun hats. Super cute with scripted messages or broken down, baseball style hats for casual fun.
8. Embroidered accessories. Definitely part of the boho look that's popular this year.
#CVTRENDREPORT: I'm excited to partner again with Cameron Village over the next few months to feature some of the great merchants in the Village and highlight some 2017 Spring/Summer Trends and great "hidden gems". I love shopping local and it's been an amazing opportunity to get to know these merchants, their stories and their passion for what they do!
Thanks also to NC Photographer Zach Stamey of Focus Media for assisting with store photography.