Thursday, February 13, 2014

Instagram Travel Thursday: NC vs. Oahu, Hawaii - A House Divided

As I write this, we are currently buried in six inches of snow with a nice layer of crunchy ice on top and another possible five inches to arrive today! No, I do not live in MN, I live in Raleigh, NC! It's been a wet and snowy winter which hasn't been the norm for us in many years. To add insult to injury, as I freeze and have kids home from school AGAIN, my husband happens to be on a business trip in Oahu, Hawaii! Talk about being "polar" opposites right now (no pun intended)!

As I post my wintry mix of Instagram photos online, he is simultaneously posting his of warm, sunny, tropical beaches. I thought I'd share a few of both of our quite different Instagram takes during the same week.

I have to say I'd love to be on one of those beaches right about now. Those beautiful surfer waves and tropical views are making me long for sunnier, warmer days. At the same time, the cold, snowy, icy weather has forced us to stay inside, relax, get a few projects done, enjoy hot chocolate and movies and generally take some time off from the rat race. So which do I prefer?

Oh, who am I kidding??





This post is part of Instagram Travel Thursday hosted by Skimbaco Lifestyle,Child ModeLive.Do.Grow.Luxury Travel MomDestination UnknownHines Sight Blog, and House of Anais.

Follow @matagonia or @raleighwhatsup on Instagram!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have some extreme weather there. Enjoy as long as the snow stays - hopefully for not too long though! I think I would pick Hawaii too if I had a choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm late reading this week because I was without power for 7 hours yesterday. Matt's photos are definitely polar opposite. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The contrast is too too much, but I really do love the snow pictures on Instagram!!

    ReplyDelete