Thursday, July 25, 2013

Instagram Travel Thursday: San Francisco!



I'm thrilled to be taking part in Instagram Travel Thursday, a new weekly feature set up by several fabulous bloggers, sharing their favorite trips captured on Instagram. We LOVE to travel and discover new places, so I look forward to sharing several with you on a weekly basis!

This week I'm featuring some pictures from our Fall trip to San Francisco.

We took this trip with the whole family, meeting some very good friends from Australia there to visit and tour the city. This view of the Golden Gate Bridge was from the window of our rented house on Embarcadero Street, the famous winding road of San Francisco. We rented a house for the two families to stay in while we explored San Francisco. The location was excellent, easy to walk to the Wharf and tons of restaurants, parks, etc. Not to mention the stunning views from the top of the rental house of the whole city!



Breakfast at Original Joes on Union Street. Delicious!





We even caught a glimpse of the Space Shuttle being carried to its final destination!



The famous Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 to see the sea lions.



Enjoying one of the many parks in the city.



A lunch stop at Rogue Ales Public House for a meal and a drink. Just up from Embarcadero on Union Street, this place had a great little back patio that was perfect for families to hang out. The kids could even draw on the ground with chalk.



Next stop, Chinatown!



Harmon Tower. Golden Gate Park. A great place to check out the museums and spend the afternoon. Great views from the top of Harmon Tour.



Then it was time for a ball game at the Giants AT&T Park. They were playing the San Diego Padres! I used to go to Padres game so it was great to see them play again. The weather was perfect for an evening game.



Conveniently located near the ball park is the 21st Amendment Brewery. We love their beer and it was the perfect pit stop before going to the game!



One of our last adventures in San Francisco was an afternoon touring Alcatraz. I highly recommend it if you haven't been there yet. A fun trip over on boat to the island where you can explore and walk through the prison cells. It was fascinating, moving and the kids loved it and even learned some history! Can't wait to go back to San Fran!!

12 comments:

  1. I lived in San Diego one summer, but I can't believe I didn't make it to San Francisco! I love these images, they really make me want to book my flights, right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love San Francisco. It's a city that really needs several visits or a long stay to see it all, not to mention all the amazing places you can visit just across the bridge and nearby! Its got that relaxed CA vibe as well but very different from San Diego (I spent many years there in my early childhood days. Love SD!!)

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to go to San Francisco for so long but something always happens to change my plans! I love that first photo with the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance - gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The house we rented had an amazing view out to the harbor and a shared rooftop with great views. If you are going with another family or extended family or kids, renting a house was a great option versus hotel.

      Delete
  3. I love San Francisco, I can't wait to take my boys for the first time! Your pictures are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you take gorgeous photos. What are your tips? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use mainly the Instagram filters and play a little with those. I also try and look for different and interesting angles or perspectives on the usual subjects! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up this week. I absolutely adore the photo in the mirror. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh! Looked like an amazing trip to Williamsburg area. We are hoping to get there soon so I will refer back to your postings when we start planning!

      Delete
  6. Gah! I would love to rent a house in San Francisco, so we could cook our way through all the good finds at the Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market!

    With as many times as I have been to SF, I have yet to go to Alcatraz, but it looks like a blast.

    The Rogue pub looks familiar :) We ended up there & played trivia while on our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip sounds amazing, you saw so much, even the space shuttle, unreal! I've been to SF once for business and didn't see anything, and I've been hoping to go back one day.

    ReplyDelete