Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

As we usually do, I resolve to lose weight and get organized. Aren't those the two things that are typically at the top of everyone's lists for the New Year? Well, to help me get started on number two (since one is no fun), I have discovered some great new consignment shops in town that are going to help me unload some of my clothing items that are continually filling up my closet and not getting worn. I already took some items to Adore, which is located on Creedmoor Road near Strickland. They also have a shop in Cary if you are over in that area.  It was easy to make an appointment.  Your account is all online so you can easily track your sales. The cool thing to remember...you don't need a lot to consign. Quality versus quantity is often the ticket. A nice jacket, a great handbag or pair of expensive shoes worn only once can bring in some quick cash. The second shop I discovered this past weekend is in Cameron Village. Its called Fifi's. This is on my list to explore further. I love their facebook postings when they get new cool items in the store. What a great way to sell! Another local shop is Revolver on Glenwood Avenue near all the restaurants. This shop has been there for a while and always has very cool, unique items, (although they are much harder to get an appointment with so I am there more to shop then sell). Villa Consigna on Fairview Road at Five Points is another one I need to investigate further.

An additional New Year resolution is to find some great vintage/fun items to add to my wardrobe and these are the perfect places to scout them out! I need a break from the mall and the usual shopping destinations. I also have resolved to shop locally and support the smaller businesses in town, so these locations fulfill several New Year's resolutions all at once!

Don't forget when you are going through your items and cleaning out closets, these shops don't just take clothing. If you have some great jewelry, hats, hand bags and shoes, they will usually take those too. Adore takes men's clothing as well which is hard to find. Some shops even take home decor items but I'm still looking into that (more to come on that in the near future).

So, I'm going to resolve this month to take more items to a couple of these shops as well as make a big donation to the Goodwill. 

Now if I could just shop my way through that losing weight resolution....

No comments:

Post a Comment