Fall is a good time to make your home more cozy and ready for holiday guests and parties. Below, I put together a list of six easy ways to add a little touch of Fall to your home right now!
01. Vintage style glassware. Rich, darker colors with beautiful patterns and texture adds a nice taste of Fall to your beverage carts, shelves or for hosting a cozy dinner party. These beautiful forest green glasses from The Local Squirrel in Cameron Village are stunning and have a nice weight to them. Cute North Carolina coasters are always fun and also make a nice gift item!
02. Add a wreath. Fall is the perfect time to add a wreath to your door. These wreathes exclusively from The Local Squirrel can go on your door now and stay there throughout Fall and Winter. Add a cute detail to them for the holidays! These stunning wreathes are made by Nicholas Askew, a local artist who hand cuts cotton from White Oak Farm where he grew up in NC to make his wreathes. His wreathes are gorgeous, unique and perfect for welcoming in Fall and enjoyed year round!
03. Add a new signature piece of furniture to your house.
Nadeau, Furniture With a Soul in Cameron Village is an amazing place to find that signature, one-of-a-kind piece to add some great style to your home. They are well stocked with an eclectic collection of furniture and accent pieces from around the world, with new shipments arriving all the time. Furniture here is handcrafted and if you find something you like, you should take it with you immediately because there may only be one of them and things move fast here! While I was visiting there was a shipment of beautiful pieces that had just arrived from India and I found several items that would be a great addition to our home! The furniture was priced very affordable as well!
|Beautiful desk and chair|
|Cabinet with repurposed wood from India|
|Rich colors and great height on this cabinet|
|Perfect piece for storing all that red wine!|
|This rustic, wide teak bench is perfect for adding to the front porch with some cushions|
04. Add a fun accent pillow. These great pillows are perfect for tossing on a chair or couch to add instant Fall decor to your bedroom or living room.
|Pretty cow pillow from The Local Squirrel|
|Stitched acorn pillow from The Local Squirrel|
|Love pillows from Nadeau|
05. Add a fun light fixture or some new wall art. Create your own gallery wall with some fun pieces from The Local Squirrel mixed in with your own art or framed photos. These plush trophy heads like the lamb's head pictured below are super adorable for a playroom or a nursery. Add a little local art to any room. The copper light fixture is stunning and the perfect color accent for cooler temps.
06. Little things matter. Even adding some fun accent pieces to your space can instantly add charm and fun to a space without breaking the budget. I found some fun stuff at both The Local Squirrel and Nadeau that were affordable and fantastic!
|Add a basket of beautiful acorns to a coffee table|
|Delicate and adorable|
|Gold leaf accessories|
#CVTRENDREPORT: I'm excited to partner with Cameron Village over the next few months to feature some of the great merchants in the Village and highlight some 2016 Fall Trends and great "hidden gems". I love shopping local and it's been an amazing opportunity to get to know these merchants, their stories and their passion for what they do!
The Local Squirrel
Location: 2012 Cameron Street
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: 1-5 pm
Find them on Instagram: @TheLocalSquirrel and Facebook: TheLocalSquirrel
Nadeau, Furniture with a Soul
Location: 426 Woodburn Road
Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Phone: (919) 856-9646