Monday, January 6, 2014

Bombshell: NEW Triangle Brews!

Last week I got word that a new brewery was opening their taproom this past Saturday in the Triangle area (thanks @919beer!), so I grabbed a girlfriend and trekked out to this new brewery for a taste. The newest brewery to open their doors, Bombshell Beer Company, is located in the heart of Holly Springs. This was a bit of a journey for me since I'm over in North Raleigh but with my handy GPS, I had no problem finding it (and its literally right off the new Triangle Expressway).


I  arrived around 3pm, following a long line of cars pulling into the industrial park where the brewery is located and found the place swarming! The 1400 square foot tap room was full of craft beer lovers young and old! I thought it was very exciting to see such a great turnout and so much local support. Bombshell Beer Company is woman-owned and the owners were behind the bar serving beers as fast as they could pour them! Bombshell is owned and run by Ellen Joyner, Jackie Hudspeth and Michelle Miniutti, home brewers following their dreams with plenty of beer brewing experience! Award winning Head Brewer Steve O'Neill, joined the team from Pittsburgh, PA.

Bombshell had five beers on tap Saturday including their Batch 1 Pale Ale, JEMS Jade Pale Ale, Dirty Secret Dry Stout, Polished Pilsner and Pickup Line Porter. All beers tout ABVs in the 4.5-5.65% range which is something I appreciate very much in a craft beer...great quality taste but not crazy strong on alcohol content.

I sampled the two Pale Ales and the Stout. I'm a hop fan and the Pale Ales were both delicious (loved the Jade pale ale)! The stout had great flavor and nice smokey notes.  I hope to see some of Bombshell's beers on tap at local restaurants/bars very soon this year!

Bombshell Beer Company's official Grand Opening is January 25th and they are located at 120 Quantum Dr, Holly Springs.
  • Thursday & Friday 4pm to 8pm
  • Saturday 12 to 6pm


Get out and drink local! Check out Bombshell Beer Co! I look forward to visiting them again very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great information. Glad to have this new addition in the Triangle.

    ReplyDelete