Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Get Offline and #Checkitoff: Drinks at Foundation

Last week I finally made it to Foundation on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh. I've intended to go there several times but just hadn't quite gotten there. Last Saturday after a drink at one of the local breweries, I persuaded a friend of mine to come join me at Foundation. It was great going early (around 6-7pm) because we got in easily and got a seat at the bar. Many nights you will see a line to get in since its a very popular late night location.

Foundation's specialty is  serving up seasonal, handcrafted cocktails using the best of local and diverse offerings. They also feature several local beers on tap as well. What I loved about Foundation on that quieter evening was the coziness of the space and feeling like you've escaped from the rat race for a few moments. I liked that and I will be back to escape again very soon. ;-)

I'm glad that my Bucket List is continuing to get us out actively doing things and discovering new parts of Raleigh! I am so glad to have  finally "discovered" Foundation and will be back again soon. It's so important to remember to get out, engage and DO! Life is not a spectator sport! 

To create your own Local Bucket List, go to www.get-offline.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment