Thursday, August 8, 2013

Instagram Travel Thursday: Snapshots from the Road(Trip)

Last week we were on the road. Covered 1300 miles from Raleigh to Western North Carolina, to Virginia, to West Virginia. I am back home and desperately catching up on work and events. I decided to share a few shots of our journey....love road trips!!
Getting on the Blue Ridge Parkway


Stunning, rain-soaked drive

Natural waterfalls on the road!

Beauty everywhere on the Parkway

First stop! Blowing Rock! SO much rain we barely got in for dinner and a beer at Blowing Rock Brewing Co.

Coffee to go! Back on the parkway!

More wet roads but stunningly beautiful

Stop off for a short hike to Linville Falls

Asheville! Our favorite, Wicked Weed. Coolcumber...light and delicious
An amazing breakfast at Tupelo Honey Cafe

Late night Belgian beer stop at ThirstyMonk!
House-made charcuterie, artisan cheeses at the Imperial Life in Asheville, just above Table Restaurant

Picked up a book for our travels, while shopping in Asheville

Chocolate and Iced Coffee at French Broad Chocolate Lounge, Asheville.

Late nightcap at Sky Bar

Hearty breakfast to get back on the road! Awesome Early Girl Eatery

DuPont State Park drive. Waterfalls are amazing with so much rain this summer

Covered bridge beauty

 Great folks here at Brevard Brewing Co., Brevard, NC

Window shopping
Cozy accomodations in Brevard. AND, more rain!

Frog Level

Pisgah National Forest,  NC, home of the country's first school of Forestry

A stop in VA. Good old Blacksburg VA. Home of the Hokies!

Gillies breakfast. A local favorite

Off to WV for some outdoor activities

Beauty at the Gorge

LOVE this local favorite from Canaan Valley!

Amazing sunset at Adventures on the Gorge

Lunch break in Greensboro on the way back home



This post is part of Instagram Travel Thursday hosted by Skimbaco Lifestyle,Child ModeLive.Do.Grow.Luxury Travel MomDestination UnknownHines Sight Blog, and House of Anais.


12 comments:

  1. Great photos. I would like to try that cucumber beer. :)

    If you will, can you put at least one link to one of the hosts so others can find the linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cucumber beer was light and fresh. Wicked Weed is amazing. I thought I had the link. Please double check and make sure its accurate. Sorry about that!

      Delete
    2. It is perfect. Thanks for adding it in. Looking forward to catching up on Monday.

      Delete
    3. Hey, the linky thing also works, too now for me. Talk soon. Great shots.

      Delete
  2. That's definitely a PROPER roadtrip, 1300 miles, wow!! I'm looking forward to a road trip in the start of the autumn here in Norway, and can't wait to capture some similar moments with my iPhone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh man, that's a serous trip you took!!!
    Cucumber and beer - did I see that right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you saw that right! It was actually a very light and refreshing beer. They also had a fabulous beer brewed with beets! Both were surprisingly great!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful trip - I especially loved the image of the covered bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think I'm doing okay with my Instagrams and then I check out some of the ones people on #IGTravelThursday post and I'm like, "Geez, I need to get better." Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love the way that Instagram can turn a pretty random shot into a fabulous work of art! I experiment a lot with the IG filters, angle and cropping!!

      Delete
  6. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best!
    things to do in Spain

    ReplyDelete