Thursday, July 11, 2013

Instagram Travel Thursday: Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, WY

I'm thrilled to be taking part in Instagram Travel Thursday, a new weekly feature set up by several fabulous bloggers, sharing their favorite trips captured on Instagram. We LOVE to travel and discover new places, so I look forward to sharing several with you on a weekly basis! I'm starting with one of my favorite family vacations, taken last June. We spent an amazing week in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Grand Teton National Park. We landed at the airport to the most amazing views of the Grand Teton Mountains.



We spent lots of time in the town of Jackson Hole. Great scenery, great dining and shopping. Lots of families taking in the amazing scenic views that surround this small town. There's a great park in the middle of the town.



Of course we had to sample the locally brewed beer after we did some white water rafting on the Snake River!



We stayed in the Grand Teton National Park and took a fabulous day trip to Yellowstone National Park. The kids were amazed by all the sites that nature has to offer! Waterfalls, geysers, natural prismatic springs, grand canyons, mountain peaks...you name it, this park has it. This is a must see in everyone's lifetime!

Grand Prismatic Spring. Yellowstone Park

Lower Falls. Yellowstone Park

Inside the Lake Yellowstone Hotel. This place was like stepping back in time!


The lakes in the Grand Tetons offered lots of canoeing options, boat excursions, great hiking trails, etc. No lack of outdoor activities to do here! There's a great range of activities for folks of all ages. This vacation literally took us all away from everything and truly allowed for pure apprecation of nature which was perfect for our family. I loved seeing the girls finding joy in spotting a huge bison in the middle of the road or a herd of elk off in the distance. The weather was absolutely perfect the whole week, no rain and no humidity. The water can be drank straight from any tap and was the most delicious I've ever tasted! For an urban family, this was such a great experience for all of us to get out of our comfort zones and enjoy stunning sites all around us. If you get a chance, book a trip soon, you will not regret!

Thanks Leigh over at Hines-Sight Blog for sharing this Instagram Travel Thursday with me! Click here and see her Myrtle Beach feature.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome photos!! I've always wanted to visit both places, than you so much for sharing the photos and participating to Instagram Travel Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad to contribute. If you stay in the Grand Teton National Park or in Jackson Hole, its easy to do a day trip to Yellowstone, or vice versa. All of these places have amazing things to do and going in the summer was a great time to visit. Wasn't too crowded and the weather was perfect.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous photos. My dream has been to go to Yellowstone since I was little and I love especially those pics - hope to see more of your photos in future Instagram Travel thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fantastic. I love them. The trip looks great. I love the Thai restaurant. So funny!

    I'm so glad you participated, and I hope you do it again.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh! Hard to take a bad photo there! Everything is beautiful. The Thai restaurant was a brewery too and the food and beer was fabulous.

      Delete
  4. These images are STUNNING! And Jackson Hole is one of the spots I would like to visit in the States for some white water kayaking. :) I look forward to seeing more of your images both in IG and here every Thusrday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to sharing my travel photos on future Thursdays! I would highly recommend white water rafting on the Snake River. There are some great tour companies and it was great for our whole family ages 10 and up. Plus the town of Jackson Hole and the Tetons are so amazing. You will love it!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! Jackson Hole is definitely on my bucket list! I stopped over from Skimbaco. Loving the new travel instagram feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Try and get there, its worth the stop!! Even flying in was one of the best airports I've ever flown into. The views alone are breath-taking!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are wonderful. As much as I travel, I haven't traveled much in the US (we do most of our travel in Europe while we're living here), so I really enjoy seeing this part of the world I have yet to explore.

    ReplyDelete