Friday, November 11, 2011

Kickin' in the Season with the Rockettes

Last night was opening night at DPAC for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Rockettes. I have to say, this show definitely got me feeling the Christmas spirit (and I'm not one to really start until AFTER Thanksgiving!) What a FANTASTIC show. Run, don't walk to get your tickets to this show before its gone. Only 36 more shows through November (the show only runs in November). The costumes were dazzling, and the 50 foot LED video screen behind the whole thing added such a cool new dimension to the stage production. At one point, there is a double decker bus touring the streets of NYC including Rockefeller Center and Times Square and you really feel  like you are moving along with the bus, through the city streets. One of my favorite scenes was the many, many Santas that came out and did a spectacular dance. SO fun. They cover the gambit of holiday cheer, including an absolutely stunning nativity scene at the end, complete with  a real camel, donkey and sheep that were bahhing, you couldn't help but be a little moved by it.

The show runs just under two hours so not too long for the kiddies! Great for all ages, take your Grandma, your mom (I did!) or take the kids, everyone will love it. DPAC is a great performance venue...a gem in the center of  the American Tobacco District in Durham. I have to say I felt a little guilty seeing it without my kids, so they will definitely come along the next time. Any aspiring dancer daughters?? They will be thrilled.  Catch it before its gone!!

1 comment: