Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another fabulous GNO idea in Raleigh!


This past Monday night I joined a group of fun ladies to try my hand at painting my very own "masterpiece". I attended the evening class at Wine & Design located at 231 Bickett Blvd in Raleigh. It took a little venturing out from North Raleigh to find this little gem hidden just behind Underwood Elementary inside the Beltline. As soon as I walked in (with my bottle of vino), I was greeted immediately by Christy, one of the talented and friendly instructors. She immediately got my wine opened, poured and seated me at my own blank canvas. While we listened to some fun tunes, chatted, and sipped our wine, Christy proceeded to guide us step-by-step to creating our very own Georgia O'Keefe-inspired paintings. She made it easy and relaxing and it was cool to walk out with my very own canvas to hang back home.

Our finished artwork!
I got to thinking while I was there how fun this would be to bring some  girlfriends, or a mom/sister evening out. I know the kids would love to do it, but I might have to save this one just for the ladies (they do have kid classes on school holidays). I plan to go back and try out some holiday painting. Such a fun and different twist on hanging out with friends. Thanks Wine & Design for a lovely night out!

If you are interested in booking a class go to Wine and Design's website at: http://paintpartiesstudios.com/raleigh/.

3 comments: